The Age of Exploration is synonimous with Spanish colonization of the Americas.
- Exploration in the 15th Century
- Christopher Columbus
- Treaty Of Tordesillas1494
- Portuguese Exploration
- Spanish Exploration
- Famous Spanish Conquistadors
- Exploration in the 16th Century
- Major events
- 1500 Pedro Alvares Cabral discovers Brazil
- 1521 Aztecs surrender to Cortes’s forces; Mexico under Spanish Crown
- 1531 Pizarro destroys the Inca regime; Peru under Spanish Crown
- Ecuador seized by Spanish
Robert de La Salle 1682 – explored the entire Mississippi River and on the west side of it for France. He named this are “Louisiana,” because of the French king, King Louis XIV.
- The Explorers The Dawning of the Era of Exploration